Money Smart Main Topics
This topic provides local, county, state and national assistance/benefits on one page.
United Way’s 2-1-1 is a great resource for everyday needs that aren’t quite 9-1-1 emergencies. United Way 2-1-1 spans a 23-county area, including 7 counties in Kansas and 16 in Missouri, and has access to thousands of resources. Call 2-1-1 and you’ll reach a trained, caring professional, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s free and confidential.
For additional information about United Way’s 2-1-1 services:
call (816) 474-5112 or toll free at (866) 320-5764.
(9 County Metropolitan Region)
My Resource Connection links individuals to resources that can help meet their needs: groceries, clothing, housing, health care, transportation, food pantries, rental payment assistance, employment, veteran’s services, utility assistance, mental health support, early childhood education and much more. Search for resources by zip code and/or county.
Go to Resource Connection and select the Jobs, Apartments or Services tabs for additional information.
- Children and Pregnancy/Infant Resources – CAP4Kids offers hundreds of resources to help families.
- College/Training – Find Federal Student Loan Assistance information and more.
- Employment – Access multiple job-related resources.
- Healthcare – Learn more about affordable healthcare and more.
- Housing and Utility – Locate assistance for housing and/or utility needs.
- Transportation – Explore free to low-cost transportation options.
Both Missouri and Kansas have 12 benefit programs that can assist families. Visit each state’s program for information about and access to food assistance, health insurance, unemployment benefits, WIC and much more.
- Missouri Family Assistance Programs (Temporary Assistance Program providing assistance to needy families with children)
- Missouri Family Support Division (food stamps, health care, child care, child support, and other needs.)
- Missouri Contact Us