Money Smart Main Topics
For Veterans & Active Military Personnel
We have collected over 50 local and national resources to help both Veterans and Active Military.
The United Way of Greater Kansas City has a Veterans Navigator at United Way 2-1-1. This individual can answer questions, provide resources and advocate when necessary for veteran and military families.
For additional information about United Way’s 2-1-1 services:
call (816) 474-5112 or toll free at (866) 320-5764.
Call: 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1 OR Visit: Veterans Crisis Website
- Salvation Army Kansas and Western Missouri
- Department of Veteran Affairs KC Homelessness Page
- Artists Helping The Homeless
- Catholic Charities
- City Union Mission
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- KC Metro Housing
- KC Rescue Mission
- Kansas City Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Topeka/Leavenworth Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Wichita Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Addiction and Suicide Amongst Veterans: Finding Hope in the Darkness – A blog from DrugRehab.org discussing the link between PTSD and substance abuse, and shows ways our heroes can find the support that they need.
- The Bunker Veterans Entrepreneur and Small Business Resources
- Start a Small Business
- Find Small Business Funding
- Find Small Business Classes and Events
- Military Personnel and Illegal Drug Addiction
- Service Members and Alcohol Abuse
- Military Vets and PTSD
- Why Substance Abuse Is So Problematic for Our Nation’s Vets
- Veterans, Suicide Risk, and Substance Abuse
- Consequences of Substance Abuse for Military Vets
- Signs of Veteran Substance Abuse
- How to Help a Veteran with Substance Abuse Issues
- Need More Help?
- If you are a veteran, or a friend or family member of someone who has served and is struggling to adapt upon his or her return, we’re here to help. The trusted, compassionate, and professional staff at Rehab Center is here to assist you or the person you love 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Help is just a call away. Call our toll-free and anonymous line at +866 649-9871Contact Us