Money Smart Main Topics
For Veterans & Active Military Personnel
We have collected over 50 local and national resources to help both Veterans and Active Military.
The United Way of Greater Kansas City has a Veterans Navigator at United Way 2-1-1. This individual can answer questions, provide resources and advocate when necessary for veteran and military families.
For additional information about United Way’s 2-1-1 services:
call (816) 474-5112 or toll free at (866) 320-5764.
Call: 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1 OR Visit: Veterans Crisis Website
- Salvation Army Kansas and Western Missouri
- Department of Veteran Affairs KC Homelessness Page
- Artists Helping The Homeless
- Catholic Charities
- City Union Mission
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- KC Metro Housing
- KC Rescue Mission
- Kansas City Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Topeka/Leavenworth Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Wichita Veterans Affairs Hospital Page
- Addiction and Suicide Amongst Veterans: Finding Hope in the Darkness – A blog from DrugRehab.org discussing the link between PTSD and substance abuse, and shows ways our heroes can find the support that they need.
- The Bunker Veterans Entrepreneur and Small Business Resources
- Start a Small Business
- Find Small Business Funding
- Find Small Business Classes and Events