Money Smart Main Topics
Metropolitan KC Resources
Homeless Hotline – Crisis Hotline-24 HRS (816) 474-4599
Youth Homeless Hotline – Crisis Hotline-24 HRS
Kansas City Housing Resources
Greater Kansas City Housing Information Center www.greaterkchousinginformationcenter.org
HUD Resource Locator
HUD Resource Locator – Find housing authorities, affordable rental housing, homeless resources, affordable elderly and special needs housing and much more.
Individuals with Disabilities
Programs to subsidize Home Ownership
Call a United Way 211 Expert for Current Info.
211 or (816) 474-5112lters
Home Buying & Home Ownership:
- CHES, Inc.: Dedicated to empowering low to moderate income individuals and families with the knowledge and confidence necessary for long-term financial & homeownership success. 816-533-7417 / www.chesinc.org
- Community Housing of Wyandotte County: CHWC exists to serve the families and neighborhoods of Kansas City, Kansas/Wyandotte County. 913-342-7580 / www.chwckck.org
- Community Services League: To assist communities in reaching their potential by providing immediate relief to people in need, assessing their situations, and providing solutions that lead to economic stability. 816-254-4100 / www.cslcares.org
- Habitat for Humanity Kansas City: is the seventh oldest affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, community and hope. 816-924-1096 / www.habitatkc.org
- NHS of KCMO: NHS has three distinct departments: Real Estate Development, HomeOwnership Center, and Community Relations. 816-822-7703 / www.nhsofkcmo.org
- Westside Housing: is the only CDC in Kansas City, Missouri that includes a significant focus on serving the Latino community, advocating on a range of social, political and housing issues. 816-421-8048 / www.westsidehousing.org
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): www.hud.gov
- Understand your rights as a homeowner (Kansas and Missouri).