Missouri Able Accounts
- Offering ABLE Accounts to Missourians with disabilities
- Tax-free savings plan for disability-related expenses
- Save and invest without losing federal needs-based benefits
Kansas Able Accounts
Giving those with disabilities the ability to save.
New Kansas ABLE Savings Plan helps individuals save, while preserving their SSI and Medicaid.
Banking Services for Individuals with Disabilities
Employment Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
Resources Employers Hiring Individuals with Disabilities
- FDIC Money Smart – a comprehensive financial education curriculum designed to help low- and moderate-income individuals outside the financial mainstream enhance their financial skills and create positive banking relationships.
- Your Money, Your Goals – CFPB created a set of financial empowerment materials for organizations that help people meet their financial goals by increasing their knowledge, skills, and resources.
Database of Disability Resources
Covers Health, Disability, and Human Potential.
A national news organization serving the developmental disability community including autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and intellectual disability, among others.
A one-stop accessible destination for disability related information, resources, services and products.
A magazine for active wheelchair users.
This website/magazine has quite a history, and has evolved through many name changes that show the changing times and technology: Avocado Press, the Disability Rag, the Electric Edge, and now the Ragged Edge!
Focus on People with Disabilities
The guide contains tips, information, tools, and skill-building resources for people with disabilities and organizations that serve the disability community. It has been updated to align with the recently released version of the Your Money, Your Goals toolkit. It includes 6 fillable and fully accessible tools for how to:
- Set up an Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Account and build savings
- Pay for assistive technology to achieve independence
- Understand how income from work impacts Social Security Income (SSI)
- Identify financial abuse and exploitation and how to get assistance
Your Money, Your Goals
The toolkit has information that helps you have money conversations with the people you serve. Use the tools to help achieve goals and work through challenges.
You can use the toolkit to help people:
- Make spending decisions that can help them reach their goals
- Order and fix credit reports
- Make decisions about repaying debts and taking on new debt
- Keep track of their income and bills
- And much more!
United Way 2-1-1
United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline is a great resource for everyday needs that aren’t quite 9-1-1 emergencies.
United Way 2-1-1 spans a 23-county area, including 7 counties in Kansas and 16 in Missouri, and has access to thousands of resources. The comprehensive database is constantly being updated so you’ll have accurate information. Call 2-1-1 and you’ll reach a trained, caring professional 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s free and confidential.
United Way 2-1-1 Online Search Engine
For additional information about United Way’s 2-1-1 services:
call (816) 474-5112 or toll free at (866) 320-5764.
Visit the following Money Smart Topics for helpful information and links.
When managing your money, the right tools can make all the difference. Learn the basics of banking and be on your way to reach your financial goals.