Check out Be Internet Awesome to learn lots of fun do’s and don’ts for internet safety.
So now you that and your parents have set rules for social media usage, you’re ready to have the conversation about getting on social media. How do you talk to your parents about it? There are several “dos and don’ts” for talking about social media with your parents.
- Do have lots of talks with your parents.
- Don’t feel upset when they want to know what you are viewing and why you are viewing it.
- Do be sure your parents know you are ok with them monitoring your time on social media.
- Do talk about your own social media experiences.
- Do remind your parents that the internet is NOT private.
There may also be many more things that you parents don’t want you to share online. Continually talk to your parent to ensure safety.
- Do show your mom and dad all the cool stuff on social media.
- Do allow your parent to be the “expert” and teach you how to use social media.
- Do make sure your parents know you are available to talk if they need you.