Money Smart Teen Topic
Johnson County Transit provides public transportation services to much of Johnson County, downtown Kansas City, Mo., Kansas City, Kan., and other outlying areas. JCT’s The JO operates weekday commuter services with most routes running during peak morning and afternoon times. Special Edition provides para-transit services to Johnson County seniors and disabled residents.
Kansas City’s Downtown Streetcar is a two-mile line will run largely on Main Street from the River Market to Union Station. The streetcar runs in existing street lanes, just like other vehicles. The streetcar route will include 16 stops, spaced roughly two blocks apart. The Streetcar is free to ride.
Hours of operation are:
- Monday – Thursday: 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Sunday – 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Find other ways to get around KC at the VisitKC website.
- Travel long distances on a budget by reviewing the most popular discount travel sites like KAYAK and Trip Advisor
- Book a flight at Kansas City International Airport
- Explore riding on an Amtrak Train
- Understand Grey Hound Bus options
For more information on specialty programs or programs specifically helping those with disabilities or that have limited income, please call (816) 842-9070 or click here
- Missouri Driver’s Ed
- Kanssas Driver’s Ed
- Find my local DMV
- Explore buying/leasing a vehicle
- Understand maintenance and insurance on a vehicle
- Learn about the costs of owning and operating a vehicle
- Understand best practices in purchasing a vehicle, getting the best deal on a used car, negotiating my trade-in, what is my car worth
Call 2-1-1 and you’ll reach a trained, caring professional seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s free and confidential.
Dial 2-1-1 or call 816-474-5112, or toll free 866-320-5764.